This Halloween kids craft is super simple and cute, with just a few easy steps! The best part: you can make the wings whatever pattern you want!
This is a great craft for little hands. Parents can help with cutting and gluing.
- Scratch Art Kit: Can be found at Michaels or on Amazon
- Felt: 1 piece each of green, purple, orange and white. I found a Halloween-themed set of felt at AC Moore.
- Google Eyes: These can be found in any craft store or in the craft section at Walmart.
- Glue: Elmer’s school glue or tacky glue works best.
- Toothpicks: These help with applying glue to small parts such as the eyes and fangs.
- Using the provided scratch sticks, create a design or pattern on your scratch art paper.
- Find and print out some outlines of bats that you like—making sure they will fit on your scratch paper.
- Trace and cut out your bat shapes.
- Cut out body shape and glue to your wings.
- Cut out a head shape and glue to body.
- Affix google eyes.
- Cut out fangs on white felt and glue to your bat.
- Hang your bats on windows or walls, or attach a string and hang them from the ceiling.