This article was originally published on swflparentchild.com.
- One chilled cookie dough disk (see Basic Sugar Cookies recipe)
- Marshmallows, halved at an angle
- White cookie icing
- Black cookie icing
- Orange sprinkles
- Cinnamon imperials
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Dust a clean surface with flour and roll the dough to 1/8 inch. Continue to add flour as needed so that it doesn’t stick.
- Use a round cookie-cutter or the top of a drinking glass to cut out shapes and use a spatula to transfer to baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until edges just begin to turn golden. Cool completely.
- Spread with white cookie icing to create melted blobs.
- Decorate marshmallows with black cookie icing to make dots for eyes and a smile. Insert an orange sprinkle into the marshmallow for a nose.
- Place marshmallow on cookie icing and add more around the neck to secure it.
- Place three cinnamon imperials on cookie icing in a line in front of the marshmallow for buttons and add chocolate sprinkles for arms.
Adapted from delish.com