Struggling with family gift ideas? You can create a holiday keepsake ornament with just a few supplies and some sweet, smiling kiddos.
- Camera or smart phone
- Cardstock or photo paper
- Color printer
- 4″ clear snap-on plastic ball ornaments
- Holiday bows and bells
- Hot glue gun
- Have you kids stand in front of a plain background and strike a wintry pose. Take three to four pictures to ensure you have a favorite.
- Print our their poses on a color printer using thick cardstock or photo paper.
- Trim the background out of the photos, leaving a small tab at the bottom to apply your glue.
- Add a drop of hot glue to the tab you created for your cut-out people to attach them to the inside of the ornament.
- Add enough glitter to cover the bottom 1/4 of your ornament.
- Add a couple dots of hot glue or super glue to seal your ornament closed and prevent a glitter-tastrophe from happening.
- Thread a string or ribbon through the top of your ornament for tree hanging and add a holiday bow or bell for embellishment, then your ornament is ready to go.